Thursday, July 15, 2010

Write In Life (4)

Write In Life is a biweekly meme created and hosted by me, Patty, here at Yay! Reads.

This week's topic: Giving Up


I find it exciting every time I have a new idea and I think it's the best one yet. I love writing the first couple of thousand words and it just seems like I'm a rush! But then, your idea doesn't seem as cool anymore and you don't know what's wrong!

I've learned that in order for me to keep writing a story, I need to be engaged and in love with it. If it becomes too tedious or too much like a bother, then I don't really like the story anymore. It's hard but sometimes, you just have to walk away. I still keep all the stories, just in case I want to go back to them later. But the smart thing to do (for the sanity of things) is to give it rest time.

If you'd like to participate in future topics, send me an email to yayreads at hotmail dot com with subject line saying WIL and I'll send you the topic! You can write as much or as little as you like.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails