Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Treasure Hunters Club: Trailer and Interview



A Treasure Hunting Legend...
Four Ordinary Kids...
Two Magical Medallions...
Pursued By An Ancient Evil...
In One Extraordinary Adventure.

Join the Treasure Hunters Club
as they unlock
The Secrets of the Magical Medallions.

...Some Secrets Are Better Left Alone



Today we have author Sean McCartney stop by to talk to us about his book, The Treasure Hunters Club.

Sean Paul McCartney (He's not related to the Beatle) was born in 1971. He graduated from Alfred University in upstate New York with a Bachelor's in Communications in 1993. From there he played two exciting season traveling around the world with the Washington Generals playing against the world famous Harlem Globetrotters. In 1996 Sean earned his Masters in Education and embarked on a career as a teacher. He is employed by Plain Local Schools in Canton, OH. The first book in the series The Treasure Hunters Club: Secrets of the Magical Medallions introduces the four teens Tommy Reed, Jackson Miller, Shannon McDougal and Chris Henderson. The series is a cross between The Hardy Boys and Indiana Jones with a touch of National Treasure.


If someone would make a movie of the books, who would play the main character?
-I believe Moises Arias would be perfect to play Tommy Reed the leader of the Treasure Hunters Club. I have seen him as Rico on Hannah Montana and he is a very good actor.

What was the easiest aspect of writing the book? The hardest?
- The easiest or most fun in writing, for me, is the research that goes into each book. Finding out the little things that make each story unique and special is probably the easiest.
The hardest part of writing are the days when the words are hard to find. You can feel it. The words are going on the paper but they don't work and you know it but to plow on through because it only takes one word to turn it around. If a day goes by when the writing is bad I always know that the next day will be better.

In one sentence, how would you describe your writing?
-I would describe my writing as fast paced, informative and fun.

Who are your favorite authors and books?
- For young adult material I like Rick Riordan, JK Rowling and Christopher Paolini who are well known. Karen McQuestion has written some really good stuff and she is good. For older books I'd say John Grisham and JA Konrath. Their stories are fast paced and very detailed which I like.
As I kid I loved the Hardy Boys mysteries and the Encyclopedia Brown series. Today I read just about anything I can get my hands on that has some mystery and excitement to it.

Do you listen to music while writing? If so, what kind?
-No, I don't listen to music when I write. I actually like hearing the pencil on the paper during my first couple of drafts and the sound of the keyboard on final copies provide my music.

Now, I've posted up the trailer. Enjoy!




Thanks to Sean McCartney for stopping by!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails