Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pretty Little Liars by Sarah Shepard


Pretty Little Liars

Everyone has something to hide—especially high school juniors Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna.

Spencer covets her sister's boyfriend. Aria's fantasizing about her English teacher. Emily's crushing on the new girl at school. Hanna uses some ugly tricks to stay beautiful.

But they've all kept an even bigger secret since their friend Alison vanished.

How do I know? Because I know everything about the bad girls they were, the naughty girls they are, and all the dirty secrets they've kept. And guess what? I'm telling.

I really wanted to read the book before the series started but I couldn't so I bought it as soon as I could and finished it in like, two days.

Pretty Little Liars is a fun and sometimes suspenseful fast-paced novel. I love that, even though it was told from multiple points of views, I really got to know each character and I definitely got a feel for them.

The mystery is fantastic and it includes such a nice dose of romance. I love it!

I can't wait to read the next books. In comparison to the series, though. The first few episodes were pretty loyal to the book but it's starting to drift now and I wonder if I only think this because they're giving away stuff from the next books, which, in that case, makes me pretty nervous.

In one sentence:
"Suspense, romance, and everything you need in a novel, right here."

Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Writing: 5
Cover: 5
Overall Feeling: 5
Average: 5

2 comments:

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

I love this series! They obviously aren't masterpieces, but they are SO entertaining and SO addictive. Love them!

Cindy said...

I really liked this one, and I am about to read the second one. Glad you liked it, great review :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails