Monday, April 5, 2010

Thought I'd Share

Many of you know I write (as I've mentioned it before here). Most times I think a book in scenes and then weave it all together. I've been wanting to write fantasy for a while so I finally managed a plot that I was satisfied with and this is one of the very first scenes (and most recent) I've written. A bit of background:

Sahir is a descendant of King Elion, the one who first ruled the lands that are now divided into three kingdoms.  Sahir's father is a Lord in one of the kingdoms doesn't know about his daughter's Gift. But when she recklessly makes her abilities public, she has to flee into the woods because she will likely be killed by any ruling Lord or King for fear that she might claim her rightful throne. The scene here is while she's in the woods and a nobleman's son discovers her while hunting. She knocked him unconscious but he has woken and is her captive. Here's when she reveals herself:

Willann. That was his name, proud and baring his heritage. It should have made me run and hide, for his father presented a bigger threat to me than my own. But the shudder of fear never entered my tired muscles. If anything, it seemed to awake them.

I placed my palm on the ground and let the soil underneath it freeze with my touch. His eyes widened and then, as to confirm I was indeed Gifted, I let my fingers radiate the heat to the ground, which quickly caught fire.

"I am Sahir. Descendant of the King Elion," I said.
I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading!


8 comments:

Monster of Books said...

0____________________________________________0
YOU LITERALLY ARE GIFTED!! I've read many peoples (and friends) writing, and none have the talent you do. I hope you continue to write this, for It really looks good.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

It sounds like a wonderful story premise - run with it, Patty!! :-)

Justine said...

Wow!!! I like the sound of this! It's a very interesting concept too!! Ahh! You're brilliant, you know? :)

Patricia said...

Thank you all for those wonderful words, I really appreciate them :)

Justine said...

I love describing eyes! Especially when they're a cool colour. Oh and speaking of writing, I just read your synopsis kind of thing on your sidebar and OMG both stories sound awesome! Will you ever let us read them when they're finished?

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Wow, this is so great! You sound so professional. Keep at it!

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

oh... wow!

I do like this very much! seriously, this could be straight out of a best selling novel.

=) Congrats on your progress and *cheers* to more to come!

Rene M Rodriguez said...

You have a good story arcs and you're very well familiarized with the YA genre. Also, you have it in you. Im a writer too, I have tons of books ideas and Im currently working on two books but with all the college work, its almost impossible. Nonetheless I just wanted to share my view. Keep it up Pat! We need more Puerto Rican writers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails