Friday, April 2, 2010

Take Me There by Susane Colasanti


Take Me There

In one short week . . . three lives change.

Rhiannon is devastated after the breakup with her boyfriend and wants him back. Nicoles ex is still in the picture, but she can't help having a new crush. James and Rhiannon are just friends, though he may try to take it to the next level. Will their desire to take a mean girl down a notch bring these three friends what they want . . . and more?

Take Me There is written in three different POV of Rhiannon, James, and Nicole. It is so awesomely written, it's like it was stolen right from the high school hallways. The dialogue and the narrative is witty, humorous, touching, and comforting all at once. My sister actually bought this book and she was gushing all over it and since she's three years younger, I didn't want to read it. Just because of that. But I was bored and I gave it a chance. Thank God!

Rhiannon is more like me, she freaks out and obsesses easily yet she loves her friends and is just a great person. I loved her Top 5 Lists and you know what? I started my own Top 5 journal which isn't as cool but you know, that's how I roll.

James was my next favorite, he was honest and so likable. It really felt like I was reading from a male point of view. I really liked him and how he interacted with Rhiannon, everything between them just flowed beautifully, it didn't feel forced or anything.


Nicole was...okay. I didn't like her as much and she was a bit weird sometimes but then I understood why (it took me a while) and I started liking her more, too bad she already made a bad impression. Curiously, though, my sister's favorite parts where Nicole's (again, my sister is called Nicole, though).

I loved how the plot flowed almost effortlessly. What most kept me reading was how something important happened at the end of the narration of each character and then BAM! it is switched to the next character which, of course, made me read more to answer previous questions and to get back on the mystery of one character. It was a bit confusing at first but, other than that, I loved it.

In one sentence:
"A beautiful novel with character you won't soon forget."

Plot: 5
Characters: 4
Writing: 5
Cover: 4
Overall Feeling: 5
Average: 4.6

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just read this book last night. I loved it although I thought the dialogue seemed a bit air-head-ish, if you get my drift. Too many "like", "Oh my God!" and "yo". It was really good though. Nice review. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails