Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Marvelous World Saga by Troy CLE: Interview and Trailer

MarvelousWorld.Net
Blog

Today we have the pleasure of featuring The Marvelous World Saga by Troy CLE and an awesome interview with him. Check it out!

Summary of The Marvelous Effect (Book #1)
He loves listening to hip-hop, racing radio-controlled cars, and hanging out with his best friend, Brandon. Then a mysterious letter invites him to visit the local junkyard. There he finds a secret, underground amusement park like no other in existence. This is the best day of Louis's life. The park even has the most amazing race course for radio-controlled cars. Louis starts racing right away. It's a close contest; he's about to activate his nitro boost to take the lead, when...

This is the worst day of Louis's life. Without warning or reason, thirteen-year-old Louis Proof falls into a coma due to a virus of a mysterious, celestial origin. When he awakens three months later, the world that he once knew and loved is totally out of control. He will learn that his illness is connected to everything that is wrong, and that it's not only his responsibility but his destiny to set things right.

This story is a megadramatic, remarkably true, super action fantasy. Get ready!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome, Troy, to Yay! Reads. We're glad to have you stop by today. First, if someone would make a movie of the books, who would play the main character?


I am not sure who could play Louis Proof but I would love if Dakota Fanning would play Cyndi Victoria Chase


What was the easiest aspect of writing the books? The hardest?

It is easy to write my books when I am inspired by real events and people. My fist book– The Marvelous Effect, was inspired by my life and friends so very little had to be made up. I just greatly exaggerated the events to turn them into super fantasy. The hardest part of writing is when I have to make everything up like I did with Olivion's Favorites. That book takes place totally on Midlandia, which is the place of the impossible, so I had no real world references for it. That took up so much creative energy that it was beyond exhausting. My next Marvelous World book is primarily based in our world so it should be easier to write.

In one sentence, how would you describe your writing?


That's easy. Mega Dramatic Remarkably True Super Action Fantasy!

Who are your favorite authors and books?


It may sound silly but to this day my FAVORITE book is Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak


Do you listen to music while writing? If so, what kind?

When I was writing The Marvelous Effect I listened to Coheed and Cambria, Jay-Z, Fall Out Boy, 50 Cent, Hooverphonic, John Mayer, and many others. You can totally see the influence in that book and pick up on a certain rhythms. I did not listen to music while writing Olivion's Favorites. Reading it is a totally different experience than the first one. I will be writing to lots of music for my third book.

Now, here's the awesome trailer!



Sounds fantastic! Thanks to Troy and his team for making this interview possible.

1 comment:

Lale said...

That is one awesome trailer! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails