Thursday, November 26, 2009

Give Thanks To Books!

Hello readers! I am so very pleased to present to you this wonderful Thanksgiving feature, Give Thanks To Books! I'm super exited because it's the first feature here on Yay! Reads.

I knew I wanted to do something to celebrate Thanksgiving and I though, "Let's give thanks to books!" and the idea just took off from their. In the next few hours you will see posts from other bloggers about how and why they're thankful for books.

So now it's my turn to say why I am thankful for books. To be honest, I don't have many friends, and I don't think any of them even actually share the same love with books that I have but you know who I share it with? My Dad. Both of us read almost since birth and the truth is, I'd rather stay at home with a good book to go to a party.

For me, books are worlds waiting to be discovered. They're ancient and new at the same time. They make me travel across the world and see things in a different way. They have become my companions when I'm feeling sad, frustrated, and happy. When I re-read a book, it's like finding a friend again. Everytime that I read a book, my reactions are different. I fall in love, I hate, I care for these characters. They've changed the way I see people and the way I see the world. Which takes me to being a writer. The same kind of magic that I experience any time I flip a page is the magic that I want to create one day. I want to touch someone and have someone fall in love with my characters. I want them to be part of my family.

There's no limits in books, and I thank them for that. I thank them for giving me experiences I would never have otherwise had. So this Thanksgiving Day, I'm Giving Thanks To Books!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails