Thursday, November 5, 2009

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, guys. But as you know, NaNoWriMo has started and it has got me more busy than I expected! But nevertheless, there are three pending reviews and today I will post the first one. Hopefully I have at least one more by the end of the weekend.

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days


It’s summer vacation, the weather’s great, and all the kids are having fun outside. So where’s Greg Heffley? Inside his house, playing video games with the shades drawn.

Greg, a self-confessed “indoor person,” is living out his ultimate summer fantasy: no responsibilities and no rules. But Greg’s mom has a different vision for an ideal summer . . . one packed with outdoor activities and “family togetherness.”

Whose vision will win out? Or will a new addition to the Heffley family change everything?
from GoodReads

Let's start by saying that normally, I wouldn't pick a book like this. I had to read it because of library club, and since I never turn down a book, I though: Heck, why not? But to be honest, I was pretty hesitant to read it.

That said, I have to admit that it was a pretty funny book. A bit too childish for my tastes to be quite truthful but entertaining nevertheless. The book is an easy read. It has hilarious cartoons and the kid, Greg, is just amazingly funny.

My only main problem with it was that it didn't have any central conflict and the end seemed to be a bit too rushed. I wasn't sure what was the problem of the book. Sure, the summer was pretty much stinking, but hey, I couldn't even revolve around that.

In one sentence:
Humorous, but a bit pointless.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails