Thursday, November 26, 2009

Give Thanks To Books! Guest Post by Maggie

Here's another guest post from Maggie from Maggie's Bookshelf . Maggie, take it up!
_________________________________________________________________

Books I’m thankful for? Far too many. But I’ve got a few that stand out from the crowd: Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card, Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler, Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver, and A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L’Engle.



To Ender, for allowing me to take science fiction seriously as a genre beyond just popular fiction. Ditto for Parable, not to mention a protagonist I adored. Animal Dreams for making me cry, not once but many times. And A Swiftly Tilting Planet holds a special place in my heart for being the first young adult novel I ever read that made me think, I want to write like that.



So thank you, authors, agents, and editors that made those books a possibility. Thank you also to the hundreds of other books I have read that left impressions almost as deep as those. And thank you most of all to the dozens of books as of yet unread or unwritten that promise to leave me just as grateful for many years to come!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails