Monday, December 20, 2010

Elixir by Hilary Duff

Elixir

Clea Raymond lives an extraordinary life. The daughter of renowned surgeon and a prominent Washington DC figure, she has been in the spotlight her entire life. Followed by the paparazzi, she resents the attention that is lavished on her for her looks alone because she has so much more to offer.p

Clea Raymond has a unique gift. A proficient photographer, in all her pictures, there is little something extra, and it's not just a result of her talented eye. There is always an extra photo that she didn't take. And, as she discovered at a young age, those photos always lead to a place where some tragedy is about to occur that Clea can prevent.p

Two years ago, her father disappeared while on a humanitarian mission and is presumed dead, but that doesn't stop Clea and her mother from continuing to do good throughout the world. On one such trip to Columbia, she meets Race, the guide for the trip. She feels a connection to him but cannot explain why. Was it something in their past or possibly in their past lives? Whatever has brought them together is threatning to tear them apart forever. As the mystery of her father's disappearance unravels, Clea discover that she has powers that are bigger than anything she could have anticipated.

At First Sight:
ANOTHER celebrity book? Are you kidding me? *looks at the back cover* Hm... It seems interesting enough but I wouldn't...I couldn't...Maybe...

My Thoughts:
So I did.

It was amazing how this book had a good plot line that didn't seem to base itself on the fabulous life of young starlets. Clea is a well-rounded character and the rest of this cast is so amazingly believable. My first thought was, "She couldn't have written THIS."

But whether or not Hilary Duff wrote the book, the person who did deserves good props. The book is well written and has a great mix of suspense, mystery, and romance. My favorite part? The historical 'flashbacks' and the paranormal hint of it. It was a unique plot and I like how the book just ended with a cliff hanger.

The least that I could say is that it caught me off guard and surprised me.

The most I could say?

It was amazing and I can't wait to read the next book. When is it coming out, anyways?

I usually read the acknowledgment page to get a good feel of the author and this one looked pretty legit and down to earth so I hope that Hilary Duff wrote this because if she did, she has a greater talent than singing and acting (and in my honest opinion, she seems like a nice person but not convincing in neither singing or acting).

I'll be getting the next book for sure.

Overall, I know I didn't say much about this book but it has some great plot twists that I don't want to give away. It's paranormal enough for paranormal fans and romantic enough for romance fans. I really liked it.

In one sentence:
"Surprisingly good!"

Plot: 5
Writing: 4
Characters: 5
Cover: 5
Overall Feeling: 5
Average: 4.8 stars

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails