I have read many many books that have contained many characters that I love or love to hate.These characters here belong to that list. These characters can be good, bad, or so bad they're good. Why don't you tell me who your all-time favorites are?
1. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins). Katniss is bad-ass yet she has a million flaws. Even if this novel is set in the future, dystopian America, she faces problem that we face today like social and political opression, relationship problems, and family problems. Katniss is a character I trust and her voice is always refreshing. She brings strong emotions (sometimes rash ones) to the book and the series.
2. Severus Snape (Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling). Snape is the perfect ambiguous character. You never know exactly if he's good or bad until the last book. He's an example that we're not all good or all bad, we're somewhat gray. I love SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER Snape's love toward Lily, despite everything else he has been through. It really proves that love can overtake anything. Plus, his witty and obnoxious remarks make me laugh.
3. Fire (Fire by Kristin Cashore). Like Katniss, Fire is strong and badass. Sometimes a bit manipulative but other than that, she's real. She faces real issues about identity and who she loves and can trust.
4. Clary (Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare). Clary makes mistakes, lots of them but she is still true to herself and to her family. She doesn't back down from a challenge, and like me, wants to be in on everything. She and Jace are perfect for each other but that doesn't mean their relationship is.
5. Princess Mia (Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot). Princess Mia is hilarious. She is the Ad for being a teen. She can be whiny, happy, difficult but she never ceases to be real. I think this is one of MC's best characters ever. I want to be just like her! No matter if you're a Princess or not, you can relate to Mia and her never ending obsessions.