Monday, October 4, 2010

Wings by Aprilynne Pike

Wings

Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful—too beautiful for words.

Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.

In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.

I borrowed this book.

At first sight:
I loved the cover since the first day I saw it. I also know that Miley will be doing Laurel for the movie and, some of you may hate me for this but, I love the diea. So I said, why not? And read the book.

My thoughts:
WINGS is very original. THe concept you have about faeries is very different in this book. I'm always a bit unsure when it comes to changing so much about mythical creatures but Pike did it with grace and good writing skills. And, of course, I really nice cast of characters.

My only real problem with this book is that I didn't quite believe the relationships. It all just seems a bit of cliched and not too realistic for me but I kept in mind that it is a fantasy book so that didn't stop me from reading.

Good thing, too. Because the plot is really unexpected and it's deeper than one might first guess. I really liked how it developed and I can't wait to get my hands on the second book, Spells.

In one sentence:
"Magical and enchanting, like your favorite fairy tale."

Plot: 4
Characters: 4
Writing: 5
Cover: 5
Overall Feeling: 4
Average: 4.4 stars

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails