Thursday, June 30, 2011

It's A Scary Journey

Hi!

Two days ago I did the unthinkable: I sent two queries to two different agents.
I'm not revealing who these agents are because I'm secretly afriad that I'll jinx everything and it would go horrible but just know they're agents.

It was scary and and exciting. After I sent the first letter I started crying because I could not believe I was at this point of my writing journey. To be honest, it's scarier that in it exciting because it's the first time I've put myself out there, plain and simple and ready to take the punches (and they will come).

I'm proud of myself and want to keep my head in the ground and just enjoy the moment. I'm not expecting anything and I know my writing has yet a lot of room to grow but PAPER ANGELS is my baby, you know?

Naturally, after I sent the queries, I keep thinking of all the things that I could have done wrong and all the things I could have made better. Did I spell my name right? Did I spell the agent's name right? What if the agent gets mad that my query appears in their inbox? Will they care if I'm from Puerto Rico?

All these thoughts and more crossed my mind and I had tot take a breather. I had to close my eyes and think that what's done is done and I should be proud of myself...right? What do I have to lose? Nothing. Yet I have so much to gain. I'm still young and still have a lot of life ahead of me. Life is nothing without risks, after all.

I'm glad to have you all here in this crazy journey with me and I hope you stick around for the wild ride that's just beginning.

Love,

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

What a brave move! Good luck and I hope you hear back in a positive manner. Remember, if someone says no you have to just keep trying (think JK Rowling how was turned down by 13 agents/publishers before someone said yes to Harry Potter!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails