Saturday, January 15, 2011

Runaway by Meg Cabot


Runaway

Emerson Watts is on the run: from school, from work, from her family, from her friends, from herself.

With everyone she loves furious with her for something she can't explain, and nothing but the live Stark Angel fashion show on New Year's Eve to look forward to, Em's reached the end of her rope... what's the point of even going on?

But when she discovers the truth about Nikki's secret, she knows there's only one person she can turn to.

Will Christopher be able to put aside his personal feelings and help her expose her employer to the world? Is it even fair to get Christopher involved—since if he agrees, there's every chance that Stark Enterprises will try to have them both killed—this time, permanently?

Maybe it would be better for Em to just keep on running.


At First Sight:
Like many other series of books that I've read, I usually take a while to actually finish them. But the Airhead Series is one that I've absolutely wanted closure for. It has been an amazing roller coaster ride and the fact it is that I really wasn't sure HOW Meg Cabot would end this series. So, for Christmas I asked my parents to get me this book. I read it in three days, suffice it to say.

My Thoughts:
Em Watts is one of those trademark Meg Cabot characters, she's funny, geeky, and a bit stubborn. The fact that I relate to all of Cabot's characters is plain and simple, they're just ordinary teens with really extraordinary circumstances.

The whole series has been fantastic. From the swoon-worthy Christopher to the ever-so-adorable Lulu. In this installment, you see a whole new side of both characters and the returning cast of memorable Airhead supporting characters.

The stakes are higher, that's not to be questioned, but the way that Em Watts manages it all is admirable. She can be a little headstrong and stubborn, but she stays true to who she is.

I won't spoil the ending. That was one of the things that I looked forward to the most. HOW will everything work out in such a weird situation? All I can say is--you won't expect it.

In one sentence:
"Cabot closes her series will a real New Year's BANG!"

Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Writing: 5
Cover: 5
Overall Feeling: 5
Average: 5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails